Yield: 1 1/4 gallons
1 1/2 Quarts Chicken Broth
1/3 Pound Bacon, cooked and crumbled
1/4 Cup Celery, finely chopped
7 Cups Canned Tomatoes, diced
2 Teaspoons Sugar
4 Pounds Pork, cubed
3 Pounds Beef, cubed
3 Medium Onions, cut into 1/2" pieces
3 Each Green Bell Pepper, cut into 3/8" pieces
6 Each Green Chili Peppers, long
1 Teaspoon Oregano
2 Tablespoon Black Orchid Ground Cumin *
1 Tablespoon Pepper
4 Teaspoons Salt
6 Tablespoons Black Orchid Chili Powder *
1/2 cup Cilantro, chopped
1 Teaspoon Thyme
1 Cup Beer
6 Cloves Garlic, finely chopped
1 Tablespoon Lime Juice
1. Combine celery, tomatoes, and sugar and simmer 1 1/2 hours.
2. Boil chili pods 15 minutes until tender, remove seeds and cut in 1/4" squares.
3. Mix oregano, cumin, pepper, salt, chili powder, cilantro, and thyme with beer. Whisk until there are no lumps.
4. Add beer mixture, chilies, tomato mixture, and garlic to chicken broth.
5. Cook bacon and reserved drippings.
6. Pour some drippings into skillet and add pork to brown. Repeat for remaining pork.
7. Add cooked pork to broth mixture and simmer slowly 30 minutes.
8. Cook beef in bacon drippings and add to broth mixture. Return to simmer slowly for about 1 hour.
9. Add onions and green peppers, simmer 2-3 hours longer. Stir with wooden spoon every 15-20 minutes.
10. Cool 1 hour then refrigerate 24 hours.
11. Reheat chili for serving. 12. Stir in lime juice just before serving. and add your choice of toppings.
Black Orchid Ground Cumin - FoodieAffair.com
Black Orchid Chili Powder - FoodieAffair.com