This is a recipe I developed back in the '70's. I have shared it countless times. Everyone seems to enjoy it...I hope you do too.
- 16 ounces bulk pork sausage, hot (I like Jimmy Dean)
- 2-3 bunches green onions
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons Black Orchid Cajun Seasoning *
- 2 1/2 cups white rice, cooked
- Bring rice in 4 cups water to a boil and simmer on lowest flame for 20 minutes.
- Chop green onions into ¼” pieces separating green tops and white bottoms.
- On high heat, sauté sausage breaking it apart until it looks like loose ground meat. Add bottoms of green onions and cook until meat is cooked through. Add a small amount of water to prevent drying out.
- Turn off heat and mix in Cajun seasoning (add more or less than 1 Tablespoon to your taste). Add green onion tops and toss in hot meat mixture until just heated through, about 30 seconds.
- Add cooked rice and mix very well.
Black Orchid Cajun Seasoning - FoodieAffair.com