Recipe Source: Shirley Corriher
These snow-white, delicate cookies are sweet, nutty morsels of delight. They fall apart in your mouth.
Yield: 4 dozen
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 cup (8 oz/227 g) unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups (10 oz/286 g) confectioners' sugar, divided
- 1 Tablespoon (15 ml) pure vanilla extract *
- 1 Tablespoon (15 ml) water
- 2 cups (9oz 255 g) spooned and leveled all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon (15 g) salt
- 3/4 cup (29 oz/82 g) finely chopped pecans
- Place a rack in the center of the oven and preheat the oven to 325 degrees/163 C.
- Cover a baking sheet with Release foil (nonstick side up), or parchment sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a heavy-duty mixer with the paddle attachment, beat the butter and 1/2 cup (2 oz/60 g) of the confectioners' sugar until fluffy. Beat in the vanilla.
- In a medium mixing bowl, sprinkle the water over the flour and stir, then stir in the salt. Add the flour mixture to the mixer in several batches and beat on the lowest speed just to blend in. When all the flour is added, add the pecans and blend in.
- Roll the dough into balls about eh size of a walnut and place on the baking sheet about 1 inch (2.5 cm) apart. Bake until set but not browned, about 20 minutes.
- While the cookies are warm, lift them with a spatula, one at a time, into a large mixing bowl with the remaining 2 cups 98 oz/227 g) confectioners' sugar. Gently roll them in the confectioners' sugar several times to coat generously, then place on a rack to cool. Re roll once again in confectioners' sugar before storing in an airtight container.
Pure Vanilla Extract - FoodieAffair.com