10 Ounces Frozen Chopped Spinach
2 Cups Smoked Gouda Cheese, shredded
4 Tablespoons Vegetable Oil, divided
1 Medium Onion, chopped
4 Cloves Garlic, minced
1/8 Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper, optional
2 Each Portobello Mushroom Caps, sliced
1/2 Teaspoon Black Pepper, to taste
Seasond Salt, to taste
1 1/2 Cups Roasted Red Peppers, drained and sliced
4 Each 10-inch Flour Tortilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare a large baking sheet.
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup smoked gouda cheese over one side of each tortilla.
- Place the tortillas cheese side facing up on baking sheet; place in oven and bake for 5 minutes or until the cheese has melted; remove and set aside while making the filling.
- Cook the spinach according to package directions, cool then hand-squeeze out all the moisture.
- Heat 3 tablespoons oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add in onion and saute until transluscent.
- Add in garlic, mushrooms slices and cayenne pepper; cook stirring for about 5 minutes.
- Mix in the spinach and continue cooking for another 4-5 minutes; remove from heat then mix in the chopped roasted red peppers and season with seasoned salt and black pepper.Divide an equal amount of the spinach mixture over the cheese side of each tortilla, then fold each in half over the filling.
- Wipe your skillet clean with paper towels; add in/heat 1 tablespoon oil, then place 1 folded quesadillas into the skillet at a time and cook 3 minutes on each side or until golden (use a wide spatula for turning over).
- Slice each quesadilla into 4 wedges, then enjoy!