Make this as spicy as you like by adjusting the cayenne pepper, the shrimp is double dipped for an extra crispy thick coating…. serve the shrimp with Seafood Cocktail Sauce
Yield 4 servings
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup Wondra flour
2 tablespoons Creole seasoning
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (or adjust to suit heat level)
2 teaspoons garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
1 pound uncooked large shrimp, peeled and de-veined with tails attached
Oil for deep frying (preferably peanut oil) (Do not use olive oil as it will not withstand the high heat.)
Seafood Cocktail Sauce
- Rinse the peeled and de-veined shrimp under cold water.
- In a large resealable bag combine the flour with next 5 ingredients.
- Place the shrimp in the bag and toss to coat thoroughly with the flour mixture.
- Place the coated shrimp on a tray or plates and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Remove from fridge and coat a second time in the flour mixture.
- Heat oil in a heavy skillet or a deep-fryer to 375 degrees F/190 degrees C.
- Place the shrimp in hot oil and fry for 2-3 minutes.