1 Cup Butter, at room temperature
1 Cup Brown Sugar
3/4 Cup Sugar
2 Large Eggs
1 1/2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
3/4 Teaspoon Salt
2 1/2 Cups Flour
1 1/4 Teaspoons Baking Soda
2 Cups Pecans, toasted and coarsely chopped
2 Cups Chocolate Chips
- Combine all dry ingredients and sift with whisk.
- Beat butter in mixer with paddle at medium speed until light (about 2 minutes).
- With speed on medium, add both sugars in a steady stream. Continue to cream sugars for 4-5 minutes, scraping down bowl twice.
- Whisk eggs and vanilla together. Keep on medium speed and add egg mixture to sugar mixture very slowly. It should take 3-4 minutes. Mixture should be fluffy.
- Reduce speed to lowest setting and add dry ingredients until well incorporated.
- Add chocolate chips and walnuts and mix briefly.
- Using #24 scoop, place balls right next to each other on a sheet pan and refrigerate overnight or for at least 6 hours.
- Remove and let come to room temp (about 30 min).
- Put balls on sheet pan and flatten to about 3/4" thick. Try to keep edges straight up and down. Make slight depression in center with finger.
- Bake in conventional oven: 400 F, 8-10 minutes or in convection oven: 375 F, 7 minutes.
- Edges should be golden brown, but 1" circle in center should be pail.
- Let cool in pan 5 minutes before removing to rack.