4 Teaspoons Olive Oil
2 Cups Onions, diced, 2 cups = 1 large
1 Tablespoon Garlic, minced, 1 Tbl = 3 cloves
3 C Mushrooms, sliced, 3 cups = 8 oz
1 Loaf French Bread Loaf, cubed, 1 loaf = 5 cups
12 Large Eggs
2 Cup Milk
1 Tablespoon Dijon Mustard
10 Ounces Broccoli Florets
1/3 Cup Parmesan Cheese, grated
1 Cup Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
1/2 Cup Sun-dried Tomatoes, thinly sliced, not oil-packed
1 Tablespoon Fresh Thyme, minced
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
1/2 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- Steam broccoli till tender but still firm. Cool and chop
- Heat 1/2 olive oil in nonstick skillet over med-high heat. Add onions and cook, stirring, until softened and beginning to brown, 3-5 min. Add garlic and cook for another minute. Transfer the onion mixture to bowl and let coo.
- Heat remaining olive oil in the same skillet over med-high heat and cook the mushrooms, stirring a few times, until their water evaporates and they begin to brown. Remove from heat and let cool completely.
- Coat baking pan with cooking spray. Arrange bread cubes over bottom.
- In large bowl, beat eggs, milk and mustard together. Add mushrooms, onion-garlic mixture, broccoli, both cheeses, sun-dried tomatoes, thyme, salt, and pepper and stir to incorporate.
- Pour mixture over bread cubes making sure the bread gets saturated.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight or at least 8 hours.
- Bake at 350 60-70 min or until light brown crust forms.