This ooey, gooey baked chicken from Emily York of Pocatello, Idaho, is packed with flavor. Pile it on top of rice to soak up all that wonderful gravy and goodness. Any green vegetable will round out the meal.
1/4 cup butter, melted
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 (15-ounce) can evaporated milk, divided
1 (4 1/2-pound) chicken, cut into pieces
1 (10 3/4-ounce) can cream of chicken soup
3/4 cup water
hot cooked rice (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Pour melted butter into a 13x9-inch baking dish.
- In a shallow dish, combine flour, salt, and pepper.
- In a separate shallow dish, add 1/2 cup evaporated milk. Coat chicken pieces with evaporated milk; dredge each in flour mixture. Place chicken, skin side up, in prepared baking dish. Bake, uncovered, for 35 minutes. Remove from oven, and turn chicken.
- In a small bowl, combine soup, water, and remaining evaporated milk; pour over chicken. Return chicken to oven, and bake for 35 minutes longer. Remove chicken from baking dish; whisk gravy in baking dish until smooth. Serve chicken and gravy with rice and asparagus, if desired.