Yield: 2 cups
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 1/4 Each Onion, sliced
- 2 Each Tomatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 Each Ancho Chilis, Dried, stemmed and seeded *
- 1 Each Pasilla Chilis, Dried, stemmed and seeded *
- 1 Ounce Mexican Chocolate, broken up *
- 1/4 Teaspoon Sesame Seeds, toasted
- 1/4 Teaspoon Almonds, chopped
- 1/2 Teaspoon Sugar
- 1 Cup Chicken Stock
- Salt, to taste
- In a saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and onion and saute for 5 minutes, or until translucent. Add the tomatoes, ancho chile, pasilla chile, chocolate, sesame seeds, almonds, sugar, and chicken stock. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Transfer the mixture to a blender or food processor and puree until smooth. Season to taste with salt. Pour into a bowl to check the texture. If the mole has any grittiness, return it to the blender and puree again. Use warm, or cover and store in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Prepared Mole Sauce is also available on FoodieAffair.com