2 Pounds Chicken Breast Halves, cut into bite-sized pieces
1 Tablespoon Creole Seasoning
3 Tablespoons Cornstarch, for coating
2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
1 Clove Garlic, crushed
3 Each Green Onions, Whites Only, sliced diagonally
1/2 Teaspoon Ginger
1 Teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
1/2 Cup Apple Juice
2/3 Cup Light Brown Sugar
4 Tablespoons Ketchup
2 Tablespoons Cider Vinegar
1 Cup Water
1/2 Cup Soy Sauce
1 1/2 Cups White Rice, cooked
Green Onions, Green Only for Garnish, sliced diagonally in 1" pieces
- Season chicken with Creole seasoning and then coat with cornstarch.
- Heat oil in a large skillet.
- Add chicken pieces and cook until lightly browned, remove and set aside.
- Add remaining ingredients except rice, heating over medium heat until well mixed and dissolved.
- Add chicken and bring to a hard boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Serve over hot rice.
- Garnish with green onions.