1 1/2 Pounds Broccoli Florets, .
3/8 Teaspoon Salt
1 1/2 Tablespoons Peanut Oil
3/4 Tablespoon Cane Syrup
3/4 Tablespoon Soy Sauce
3/4 Tablespoon Orange Zest
1 1/2 Tablespoons Orange Juice, juice of 1 orange
3/4 Teaspoon Garlic, minced
3/4 Tablespoon Ginger, chopped
Salt and Pepper, to taste
1/8 Cup Pecans, chopped (get enhanced flavor by toasting in oven for 8 minutes)
- Steam broccoli until just fork tender. Do not overcook.
- Combine oil, cane syrup, and soy sauce in a food processor. Add orange zest, orange juice, garlic and ginger. Pulse 2-3 times scraping down sides as needed.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- When ready to serve, top broccoli with sauce and pecans and toss gently.
- Serve hot as a vegetable side or cold as a salad.