1 Cup Long-grain White Rice
1 Tablespoon Vegetable Oil
1 1/2 Cups Chicken Broth
1/2 Each Onion, finely chopped
1/2 Each Green Bell Pepper, finely chopped
1 1/2 Teaspoons Jalapeno Pepper, chopped
3 5/8 Fluid Ounces Tomatoes With Green Chilies
2 Tablespoons Tomato Sauce
1/2 Each Chicken Bouillon Cube, Knorr's
Salt and Pepper, to taste
1/2 Teaspoon Ground Cumin
1/2 Cup Cilantro Leaves, Whole
1 Clove Garlic, minced
- Saute rice in oil over medium heat for bout 3 minutes.
- Carefully, pour in chicken broth, and bring to a boil.
- Stir in onion, green pepper, jalapeno, tomato sauce, and can of tomato & chilies. Season with bouillon cube, salt and pepper, cumin, cilantro, and garlic.
- Bring to a boil, cover, and reduce heat to very low. Cook for 20 minutes.
- Fluff with fork and garnish with fresh cilantro.